Nurse Account Manager
Guardian Pharmacy of Birmingham is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Support and with input from the Director of Pharmacy Operations, assist in identifying and meeting the needs of potential and current customers in an effort to provide complete customer satisfaction. Responsible for building a positive working relationship with all customers by resolving issues/problems, advising clients on regulatory issues, and training customer staff as needed.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Call and visit current customers to enhance and facilitate positive working relationships between customers and the pharmacy.
- Perform “Pharmacy Service Audits “monthly / quarterly as required by regulation in assigned facilities and as determined by the Director of Sales & Marketing in support of Sales Goal
- Market pharmacy as preferred provider of pharmacy services to potential and existing customer base to increase penetration of services and patients served.
- Act as liaison with pharmacy operations to maintain high level of service level to customers, following all service related issues through to resolution.
- Maintain customer relationships and perform as an “expert” advisor in order to facilitate problem- solving with the goal of 100% customer retention.
- Ensure initial servicing of new customer residents is smooth and error free by acting as liaison/quality assurance point person upon start-up of service.
- Responsible for the training of new facility staff during start up.
- Assist in data collection of new facility start-ups to ensure smooth and error free start up.
- Provide consulting services to customers to assist in compliance
- Provide in-service training to customer staff as needed
- Actively participate in local community open house, family nights, etc. related to assisted living/long term care facilities.
- Assist in the operational marketing functions such as trade shows, nursing home week, open house and Christmas gifts for customers.
- Assist with marketing efforts to potential customers through face to face visits, email, phone calls
- Required to work in pharmacy operations on an as needed basis.
- E-Mar support and customer training as it relates to successful interfacing with Pharmacy.
- Work with pharmacy staff to troubleshoot/fix customer concerns including orders, bills etc
- Troubleshoot/fix EMAR problems, medication carts, fax machines, and pharmacy field equipment
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
- LPN or RN license required
- Valid Alabama driver’s license
- 3+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience); experience working in long term care pharmacy and/or institutional patient care setting, such as assisted living or skilled nursing home, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, internet, and Microsoft Office skills required
- Experience with Frameworks, ECM, and EMAR systems preferred
- Proven experience effectively troubleshooting and solving customer service issues in a positive and pro- active manner, while abiding by the pharmacy scope of practice and capabilities
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Required to travel
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.