Saliba's Extended Care Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Certified Pharmacy Technician Billing Specialist Job Objective:
Assist in the billing, cycle fill rejects, cash application, collections, and new admissions processes as assigned.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Ability to perform basic functions within pharmacy software system
- Answering incoming calls related to billing issues and resolve or forward to appropriate person as needed
- Enter new patient demographics into pharmacy software system
- Assist in processing rejected claims
- Re-bill claims to appropriate plan and process any necessary paperwork
- Work monthly Pull Report to ensure patient charges were billed correctly and statements are sent out correctly
- Scan paperwork or pull patient statements as needed
- Process price quotes
- Process discharge patients
- Work collaboratively with co-workers to ensure all deadlines for department are met in an efficient manner
- Post charges for non-prescription items and patient and facility credits
- Run a Medicare eligibility check and work on quality assurance reports
- Transfer balances from one account to another account
- Process invoices for payment by our associate office
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Registered pharmacy technician license in Arizona or national certification preferred
- 1+ years of experience in billing function, preferably in pharmacy related business
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift - Mon-Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.