Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Give excellent customer service; key all orders accurately and in a timely manner without error.
- Work Ethic/Integrity– must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning– ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving– ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented– ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage all documents to the appropriate queues
- Answer phone calls in timely and courtesy manner
- Work with other members of the department to ensure smooth workflow in all within the pharmacy
- Receive faxes, evaluate, process and follow-up as needed with facilities and/or doctor’s offices
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing, during MAR printing, and cycle filling (new orders, admissions, refills, CII, clozarils)
- Notify facility and document if product is out of stock and when delivery can be expected
- Ensure all prescriptions within the day have been completed and/or addressed.
- Key refills accurately following cut off times
- Call facility and/or doctor’s office for all needed clarifications
- Call in backup prescriptions and insure all orders that were called into backup have been charged correctly to patient’s account
- Determine what kind facility (cycle, EMAR) and how to process order before keying and sending to verify.
- Provide documentation on all needed faxes, nurses/med techs name and what conversation was about.
- Go through delivery sheets that have discrepancies and problem solve.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Virginia Pharmacy Technician license or national certification
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan